Saturday, May 01, 2010

Men Of a Certain Age

Recently I watched a couple of episodes of Ray Ramano's sitcom Men Of a Certain Age. Being one of them, that is, "Men of a Certain Age", it resonated with me. Over the past year or so I sense some kind of shift in my perception of my life. It is a subtle change, not easy to explain.

It is somewhat of a feeling of having reached "steady state". My career is probably at a point where there isn't much upward mobility left. But, fortunately for me, rather than the so called "Mid life Crisis" that some go through at this stage in life, I have a feeling of contentment.

My calculations show I will be able to pay off my house loan in another 15 years, something I couldn't imagine when I purchased this house. Kids are becoming more independent and doing well. There's a soothing feeling that life is good and I can put my life on "cruise control".

permalink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home