Sunday, June 12, 2005

So Many Dishes to Wash

As I saw the pile of used dishes in the sink waiting to be washed I found myself complaining. "Not again! Did'nt I just wash a pile of dishes couple of hours ago? ". Sometimes it seems like no sooner the dishes are washed more pile up. But then a thought occurred to me. The used dished are indicative of the meals our family eats. Rather than complain about having to wash so many dishes, we should be thanful for the multiple meals we enjoy throughout the day. How many people in this world can enjoy this privilege?

One can say the same about vacuuming the floor, cleaning the toilets and several other chores. So many people have no house to clean and not even proper toilets and sanitation. It is amazing how we take things for granted. I remember a colleague telling me once that after she spent six months in one of the not so wealthy latin american countries as an exchange student, she realized the many privileges and creature comforts she enjoyed in the US. She said for sometime after she returned she never complained about anything.

Perhaps each of us should spend a couple of weeks or months every so often is some of the poorer parts of the world to appreciate what we have.

permalink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home